We encourage you to learn more about energy efficiency and we’ve gathered a variety of resources to help you. (The following are resources only. By offering these links, the SFPUC neither endorses nor promotes any particular product or organization.)
- Top 5 Reasons to be Energy Efficient
- Are you wondering why energy efficiency is important? The Alliance to Save Energy tells you why doing more with less energy benefits you, your city, your state, your country, and the world.
- Energy Star
- Energy Star is an excellent resource for finding energy efficient products. Especially helpful is their annual evaluation of "most efficient" products. Their site also includes a variety of resources for understanding energy efficiency, climate change, and more.
- RESNET’s Energy Saving Tips for Homes
- RESNET is a great resource for equipment, actions, and behavior that can save energy. The site is easy to navigate, with recommendations grouped by each aspect and room of your home.
- California’s Energy Efficiency Strategic Plan
- The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) adopted California’s first Long Term Energy Efficiency Strategic Plan in 2008, and updated the plan in 2011. The comprehensive Plan lays out a roadmap to achieve maximum energy savings across all major groups and sectors in California from 2009 to 2020. It is the state’s first integrated framework of goals and strategies for saving energy - covering government, utility, and private sector actions - and sites energy efficiency as the highest priority resource in meeting California’s energy needs.