Heavy Rains Causing Damage to Your Property? Apply for a Floodwater Grant and receive up to $100k to minimize damage:
** Join us for a webinar on November 18 (lunch-time) or December 9 (late afternoon/early evening) to start your application! (Both sessions will be the same. If you can't make it for lunch, join us in the evening, or vice versa.) Registration links above and below:
Did you know that you can be reimbursed for making property improvements that help protect against flooding? The SFPUC Floodwater Management Grant Assistance Program (“Grant Program”) was launched in 2013 to help property owners in San Francisco minimize the risk of flooding on their properties due to heavy rainstorms.
The program modifications since its launch include:
- Up front payment for Contractor deposits to secure work and installment payments for qualified residential property owners, small business and non-profit organizations
- Improved funding and financing, including up to $100K reimbursement for flood-proofing projects
- Streamlined application process with more staff to assist applicants
- More resources for applicants, including a list of Contractors and Engineers with relevant experience
- Grant payments available through multiple installments
- Expanded eligible project types, including Plumbing, Dry Flood Risk Reduction, and Wet Flood Risk Reduction modifications
How to get
If you experience flooding during rain events and are interested in exploring potential flood risk reduction modifications to your property, follow this guide to see what’s possible with our Grant Program.
Start by filling out this one-page interest form and a staff person will contact you to set up an appointment at your property.
See example concepts that are covered by the Grant Program.
Contact Department of Building Inspection for Your Project!
For various types of projects that involve plumbing, you will need to work with the Department of Building and Inspection (DBI) for a plumbing survey. Grant applicants should contact DBI’s Plumbing Inspection Division by phone directly at (415) 558-6058 or Steven.firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not request the survey over-the-counter or through the general phone line as this may cause delays.
Are you a renter in SF?
While this program is geared towards property owners, as a renter, we encourage you to work with your landlord to take advantage of the grant to help minimize floodwater risk where you live/work.
Procedimientos de solicitud y formularios en español.
For questions or assistance, please contact our Grant Administrator at: FloodwaterGrants@sfwater.org or (415) 695-7326.