SFPUC customers can qualify to receive a rebate of up to $100 for the purchase and installation of a 2019-20 Energy Star Most Efficient (ESME) high-efficiency clothes washer included in the program's Qualifying Product List. If you recently purchased or plan to purchase a coin-operated commercial grade washing, see the SFPUC's Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate Program.
- The residential property where the clothes washer is installed must have a service address and an active water service account.
- You are a residential single-family or multi-family (i.e. apartment buildings) account holder or live in multi-family housing (i.e. townhouse, condominium) where you pay your water bill through rental costs or home owner association dues.
- The residential property where the clothes washer is installed has not received a washer rebate from us in the past 5 years. Please verify before purchasing by calling (415) 551-4730.
- The clothes washer must be delivered and installed and rebate applications must be postmarked within 60 days of purchase date. The washer cannot contain silver ion technology.
1. Verify that you have purchased a qualifying 2019-20 Energy Star Most Efficient labeled clothes washer. You can view the program's qualifying product list by clicking here.
2. After verifying that your recently purchased clothes washer qualifies, click here and register the water account with our online Water Conservation Application System.
To register, you will need the Water Account Number and the account service address zip code.
3. Once registered, apply for your residential clothes washer rebate online by clicking "APPLY NOW" under the Clothes Washer Rebate icon and completing the application process.
Applicants are required to submit a completed W-9 form to the City Controller's Office. Directions are provided in the online application linked in step 2.
Note: Funding is limited and rebates are available on a first come, first served basis. Applications submitted using outdated paper applications will be rejected as of 12/31/19. We reserve the right to inspect the installations.
For more information on this program, please call (415) 551-4730.