SFPUC customers can qualify to receive a rebate of up to $100 for the purchase and installation of a 2020-21 Energy Star Most Efficient (ESME) high-efficiency clothes washer included in the program's Qualifying Product List. If you recently purchased or plan to purchase a coin-operated commercial grade washing, see the SFPUC's Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate Program.
- The residential property where the clothes washer is installed must have a service address and an active water service account.
- You are a residential single-family or multi-family (i.e. apartment buildings) account holder or live in multi-family housing (i.e. townhouse, condominium) where you pay your water bill through rental costs or home owner association dues.
- The residential property where the clothes washer is installed has not received a washer rebate from us in the past 5 years. Please verify before purchasing by calling (415) 551-4730.
- The clothes washer must be delivered and installed and rebate applications must be postmarked within 60 days of purchase date. The washer cannot contain silver ion technology.
1. Verify that you have purchased a qualifying 2020-21 Energy Star Most Efficient labeled clothes washer. You can view the program's qualifying product list by clicking here.
2. After verifying that your recently purchased clothes washer qualifies, click here and register the water account with our online Water Conservation Application System.
3. To apply, you will need the Water Account Number and the account service address zip code. Apply for your residential clothes washer rebate online by clicking "APPLY NOW" under the Residential Clothes Washer Rebate Icon (NOT the Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate icon) and completing the application process.
4. Applicants are required to submit a completed W-9 form to the City Controller's Office. Directions are provided in the online application.
5. We reserve the right to inspect the installations.
If you would like to view the program guidelines/terms and the list of required application questions, please click the link below. Please note: the document linked below is now the program application.
Click here to view the program guidelines/terms and required application questions
For more information on this program, please email email@example.com or call 415-551-4730.