On Monday, March 16, Mayor London Breed and the San Francisco Department of Public Health issued a public health order requiring residents to remain at home with the only exception being for essential needs. This is a response to slow the spread of COVID-19 to protect the most vulnerable and to prevent the health care system from being overwhelmed. The order also requires City and County offices that are deemed ‘non-essential’ to close during this time.
The temporary shutdown of City and County offices is effective Tuesday, March 17, to at least May 31, 2020.
Unable to Pay Your Bill During This Time?
We understand that during COVID-19 many of our customers are finding it more difficult to pay for the basic utilities. You may qualify for reduced utility rates. For more information and to apply for bill discounts, visit: sfwater.org/bill-covid19.
What This Means for Our Customers:
San Francisco’s tap water is safe. Our rigorous water disinfection processes ensure that your tap water is safe from viruses, including COVID-19.
San Francisco’s tap water is plentiful and reliable. We plan for emergencies to ensure that enough staff members report for duty to keep the water flowing.
In other words, COVID-19 has no impact on the quality and supply of San Francisco’s tap water. The same is true for our wastewater and power services.
Bill Pay and Customer Service
SFPUC Headquarters located at 525 Golden Gate Avenue is closed.
- The Cashier, Customer Service, and New Service Installations Counters will not be available during this time.
- The Capacity Charges Counter, located at 1660 Mission Street, is also closed.
How to Pay Your Bill During This Time
Payment by U.S. Mail
Send the bottom portion of the bill with check or money order payable to San Francisco Water to P.O. Box 7369, San Francisco, CA 94120-7369. DO NOT MAIL CASH.
- Sign up with our SFPUC BillPay service by logging onto MyAccount
- Register with your own financial institution's BillPay service
- Use a bill payment service provider such as Checkfree
- Make a one-time online payment with credit card (Visa or MasterCard), debit card, eCheck, or cash at sfwater.org/waterezpay. This payment service is provided free of any processing charges to you. There is a payment limit of $5,000 within a 30-day period on credit and debit cards only. The cash option allows for payments only at 7-Eleven stores using a barcode downloaded from the EZ-Pay site.
- Sign up for automatic payment service by logging onto directpaymentplan.com.
Pay by Phone
- Call 415-551-3000, follow the recorded instructions and choose “Pay By Phone”
- Call 844-737-8222 for our automated payment service provider
Pay in Person
Please avoid this option if at all possible! if you have no other options but to pay in cash:
7-Eleven Stores (cash only, minimum payment of $10.00)
Pay with cash at participating 7-Eleven Stores with an EZ-Pay barcode, downloadable at sfwater.org/waterezpay. Most 7-Eleven Stores are open 24 Hours, check your nearest 7-Eleven Store for more details.
For Account Services
For water account services and water usage, please go to myaccount.sfwater.org
For power account services and power usage, please go to myaccount-power.sfwater.org
- During these difficult times, SFPUC will not shut off water or power services due to late payments.
- SFPUC is also postponing liens and collections during this time.
If you are having financial difficulties and need to enter into a pay plan, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (415) 551-3000.
The following services are temporarily suspended:
- Leak inspections
- High bills check repairs
- Yard inspections for flow factor adjustments
Those with appointments scheduled will be notified of cancellation and will be rescheduled in the future.
Community Assistance Program
Our Community Assistance Program offers qualifying residential single-family customers a 15%
discount on water and a 35% discount on sewer charges. Learn more here.
If you have questions, we are here to help.
Customer Service general #: (415) 551-3000 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pulgas Water Temple is currently closed. Fifield-Cahill Ridge Trail Events are cancelled.
Thank you for your patience and resilience during this time!
For more information and links to City resources, please visit sf.gov/coronavirus.