Improving our Sewer System and Benefiting the Community
The grant will cover the costs of design and construction of an approved stormwater management feature, such as rain gardens, permeable pavement, cisterns, and vegetated roofs. The maximum grant award is $765,000 per acre of impervious surface managed, up to $2 million in funding.
To receive funding under the Grant Program an applicant must demonstrate that the project:
- Is located on a parcel that is connected to an SFPUC-owned and operated sewer system service area.
- Manages stormwater runoff from a minimum impervious area of 0.5 acres.
- Captures the 90th percentile storm (0.75-inch depth) with the proposed green infrastructure features.
- Provides at least two (2) of the identified co-benefits from the program list, which can be found in the Guidebook.
- Has a grant team that collectively demonstrates a history of successful project implementation and has previous experience designing, constructing, and/or maintaining green infrastructure
Please see the Grant Program Guidebook
for a complete list of eligibility requirements and eligible costs.
can be submitted any time and will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. Complete applications must be sent via email to email@example.com
Join our Mailing list for grant program updates, workshop invitations and more!
||GI Vendors Sign-Up
Sign-up to join our list of GI contractors and vendors for grant applicants to connect with on projects.