Help us understand your priorities for the new community center with this 5-minute survey.
After an extensive community engagement process, the Bayview Hunters Point community expressed a preference to build a new Southeast Community Facility (SECF) at 1550 Evans Avenue (concept rendering shown above). Accessible by MUNI bus and the T-line and less than a mile away from the existing SECF, the new facility will include a large, state-of-the-art special events space and multi-purpose space for meetings, events, and recreation such as dance classes, gatherings and day care services. The new facility will also provide a wide range of social services supporting workforce development and education for Southeast residents of all ages. In partnership with our SECF tenants and Bayview residents, we look forward to serving the community from our new home and supporting a healthy and vibrant Bayview.
Plans for Our New Home
The new SECF is slated to open in 2021. Current SECF childcare, nonprofit and workforce tenants will have priority. Key features of the facility - a 45,000 sq. ft., LEED certified, three-story building - will include:
- Coworking space for community-based organizations
- Affordable facilities and programming for organizations which need large multi-purpose spaces (for fundraising events, galas, dinners, etc.)
- Career-based SFPUC internship opportunities for students attending classes in the academic building
- Affordable and year-round childcare for individuals working and learning at the academic building
- Ample environmental amenities for meditation gardens and community events
- Convenient access via several MUNI bus and light rail stops, and ample onsite parking for workers, students and visitors
- An interactive and engaging playground for children will be adjacent to the facility