The following payment options are available for your convenience. Bills are due and payable fifteen (15) days after the bill date. Any charges not paid fifteen (15) days from the due date will be assessed a late payment penalty fee.
Payment by U.S. Mail
Send the bottom portion of the bill with check or money order payable to San Francisco Water to P.O. Box 7369, San Francisco, CA 94120-7369. DO NOT MAIL CASH.
- Sign up with our SFPUC BillPay service by logging onto MyAccount
- Register with your own financial institution's BillPay service
- Use a bill payment service provider such as Checkfree
- Make a one-time online payment with credit card (Visa or MasterCard), debit card, eCheck, or cash at sfwater.org/waterezpay. This payment service is provided free of any processing charges to you. There is a payment limit of $5,000 within a 30-day period on credit and debit cards only. The cash option allows for payments only at 7-Eleven stores using a barcode downloaded from the EZ-Pay site.
- Sign up for automatic payment service. For an authorization form or additional information, please call 415-551-3000. You may also sign up online by logging onto directpaymentplan.com.
Pay by Phone
- Call 415-551-3000, follow the recorded instructions and choose “Pay By Phone”
- Call 844-737-8222 for our automated payment service provider
Pay in Person
Due to the COVID-19 Shelter-In-Place Order, our office building at 525 Golden Gate Avenue is currently closed to the public and we are unable to take payments in person. You may drop off your check and money order payments in our drop box located on the right side wall of the main entrance of or building or pay cash at 7-Eleven Stores. Do not leave cash payment in the drop box.
Please note that payments collected from the drop box are only processed once a week due to limited Customer Service staff working onsite.
7-Eleven Stores (cash only, minimum payment of $10.00)
Pay with cash at participating 7-Eleven stores with an EZ-Pay barcode, downloadable at sfwater.org/waterezpay. Most 7-Eleven Stores are open 24 Hours, check your nearest 7-Eleven Store for more details.
Third Party Notification Form
Some of our senior citizen or dependent adult customers have told us that they occasionally lose track of their water bill. We understand, and have a special program to assist. The Third Party Notification Plan can help you avoid possible termination of service for non-payment.
Under this plan, you choose a person or organization as your designated “third party.” This can be a friend, relative, minister, social agency or civic organization who can help you keep track of water service payments. The designated person is not responsible for paying the bill, but they can help make arrangements for payment.
Download the Third Party Notification Form and mail it to:
San Francisco Water Department
525 Golden Gate Avenue, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94102