Complete Your Application
Non-profits and municipal agencies wishing to utilize a City-owned street light pole(s) should complete the following steps.
- Complete and submit a Pole Use Application.
- Complete and submit an Energy Use Reporting Template. Please provide information for each individual device to be installed on each light pole you wish to use.
- Revocable Permit* Read Only. No submittal required.
*The permit contains important information on street light pole use requirements, regulations and policies, and is provided for your information only.
Submit Your Application
Completed documents should be submitted via email or postal mail to:
San Francisco Public Utilities Commission
Street Lights Engineering, Utility Services Division
651 Bryant Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
Questions regarding this application process should be directed to the above email or postal mailing addresses.
- Pole Use Application. Please complete and submit to our Street Lights Engineering, Utility Services Division at the addresses indicated above.
- Energy Use Reporting Template. Submit your completed form to our Street Lights Engineering, Utility Services Division at the addresses indicated above.
- Revocable Permit. The important information in this document is provided for your information only. Please do not complete or submit this document.
Holiday Light Displays
In acknowledgement of the fact that Holiday Light Displays enhance San Francisco streets and promote the interests of San Francisco merchants, the SFPUC partners with neighborhood groups and merchants by providing:
- No-cost power for Holiday Light Displays, and
- Manpower to install and remove Holiday Light Displays.
Learn more about the program here.