San Francisco is poised to invest billions of dollars into the City's aging public infrastructure - water, sewer, roads, and transit systems. Local and small businesses will need tools and resources to adequately get access to, compete for, and perform on these contracting opportunities.
The Contractors Assistance Center will help businesses take advantage of these opportunities. Offering a range of services, from technical assistance and classroom training to networking events and one-on-one counseling, the Center tailors its offerings to the specific needs of new and existing business owners.
In the Center, professional service firms, construction companies, vendors, and suppliers now have a unique and free resource that supports the City's economic vitality and strengthens its neighborhoods, commercial corridors, and the San Francisco workforce.
- Secure Necessary Certifications and Registrations We can help determine if your company is eligible for and assist your business with the certification and registration process.
- Identify Contracting Opportunities We can help your business find contracting opportunities that are aligned with your experience, expertise, and capacity through access to our Plan Room and database of City contracting opportunities.
- Assess Capital Requirements and Financial Risk We can help your business identify and determine financial assistance for capital needs and future resources, as well as assess credit and the ability to obtain loans, bonds, and insurance.
- Networking Opportunities We regularly host networking events which provide opportunities for businesses to connect and collaborate.
- Plot Your Business Development Strategy We offer training and counseling sessions to develop your business' growth strategy using proven techniques and methods.
- Assistance Preparing Bids and Proposals We offer classroom and one-on-one training to assist your business in navigating solicitation packages, including documents and processes, reviewing project schedules, determining quantities, and preparing estimates.
- Learn the Skills Necessary to Coordinate Project Delivery We offer training on how to properly submit a Request for Information or develop a project schedule to ensure on-time project delivery.
- Comply with City Programs and Get Paid We offer training on compliance with City program requirements - Local Business Enterprise, Prevailing Wage, Local Hire - as well as the City's different invoicing software programs.
- Develop a Financial Game Plan We offer training in cash flow management, accounting, and financial recordkeeping so your business has all the tools necessary to grow with each contract.