AS OF 12/31/2016, THE HIGH EFFICIENCY CLOTHES WASHER REBATE PROGRAM HAS ENDED. IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED A QUALIFYING HIGH EFFICIENCY CLOTHES WASHER IN 2016, PLEASE CLICK ON THE WATERENERGYSAVINGS.COM LINK BELOW FOR DIRECTION ON HOW TO APPLY.
We are in the process of developing a new program for 2017. If you purchase a qualifying high efficiency clothes washer on or after January 1st, 2017 and would like to participate, check back with us in March, 2017. Please save all original Proof of Payment (i.e. receipts, credit card statement, invoices, etc.), they will be required for participation.
Clothes washers account for more than 20% of indoor water use. Running a conventional washing machine, which can use more than 50 gallons of water per cycle, can add up to more than 16,000 gallons a year on laundry alone.
- The property where the clothes washer is installed must have a service address and an active water service account.
- You are a customer of Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) with active meters serviced by PG&E (Effective January 1, 2015).
- You are a residential single-family or multi-family (i.e. apartment buildings) account holder or live in multi-family housing (i.e. townhouse, condominium) where you pay your water bill through rental costs or home owner association dues.
- The property where the clothes washer is installed has not received a washer rebate from us in the past 5 years (unless more than one clothes washer is installed). Please verify before purchasing.
- The clothes washer purchased does not contain silver ion technology.
Program Rules for Purchasing a Single-Family Residential Clothes Washer
The SFPUC and PG&E are offering a streamlined rebate process to customers who purchase high-efficiency clothes washers. Applicants can receive a combined water and energy rebate for the purchase of a qualifying clothes washer.
- Energy Star Most Efficient (ESME) models qualify for a combined rebate of up to $150.
Visit http://www.waterenergysavings.com to view residential clothes washer rebate program rules, to apply on-line, obtain an application form, or a current list of qualifying models and their rebate amounts.
Note: Program applies to rebate applications for residential clothes washer purchases between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016. Program does not apply to our multi-family account holders purchasing high-efficiency clothes washing machines for common-area laundry. Funding is limited and rebates are available on a first come, first served basis. Clothes washers must be installed and rebate applications must be postmarked within 60 days of purchase date. We reserve the right to inspect the installations.
For more information on this program, please call PG&E’s Smarter Energy Line at (800) 933-9555, Monday through Friday, 8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. or visit the initiative Web site at http://www.waterenergysavings.com