This exciting field trip opportunity combines a 60 min classroom visit from the Garden’s Youth Programs Manager followed by a 3-hour hands-on field trip experience. The program is available to students in grades 4 and 5. Transportation provided for a select number of classrooms each school year. For more information about transportation services, contact (415) 551-4730.
This field trip to the Garden for the Environment allows students to experience environmental and scientific concepts learned in class by:
- Including a pre-class presentation that sets the tone and expectations for the day in the garden and teaches students the concepts of a zero waste lunch.
- Touring San Francisco’s organic demonstration garden with garden staff..
- Learning about the water-wise principles demonstrated on-site including: rainwater catchment, graywater systems and drip irrigation.
- Participating in 3 rotating hands-on gardening stations including: digging in the compost pile, planting vegetables, and watering garden beds.
- Eating a zero waste lunch in the garden.
- All classes will leave with a living succulent landscape for their classroom
Visit http://www.gardenfortheenvironment.org or contact Nicole Brisebois at (415) 558-8246 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org