To encourage more installations of solar power in San Francisco, the City is offering incentives to San Francisco residents and businesses to install solar power on their properties. One solar incentive is available per electric meter for business, residential and non-profit non-residential incentive applications. For non-profit residential incentive applicants, one solar incentive is available per service site.
Budget capacity has been reached for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2012-2013 (April 1 – June 30, 2013), for the following categories:
- Low-income residential
- Residential (excluding low-income) & Business
New fiscal year 2013-14, begins July 1, 2013
The program will receive additional funding for the new fiscal year on July 1, 2013. Please stay tuned for further updates regarding program changes and updated forms for the new fiscal year.
GoSolarSF Application Process
The solar incentive program consists of a two-step process:
Step 1 – Reserving an Incentive
Budget capacity has been reached for all categories except low-income SASH, thus, the only applications we are accepting for the remainder of this fiscal year 2012-2013 (ending June 30, 2013), are for low-income SASH.
If applying for the low-income SASH incentive, review the information in Determining SASH eligibility.
Step 2 – Receiving your Incentive
- GoSolarSF Program Agreement
- Copy of current property insurance policy declaration that includes the City and County of San Francisco as an additional insured. For systems 30 kW CEC-AC or less, the program agreements contain simplified insurance requirements. If the applicant is unable to include the City as an additional insured, a letter requesting waiver of that requirement must be submitted in addition to the policy declaration. See a sample letter here.
- W-9 tax form signed by designated payee.
- Copy of CSI Permission to Operate (PTO) letter or Approval of Incentive Payment letter.
- If applicable, a signed Payment Designation form. Submit only if changing the designated payee from the payee on the original application.
- Copy of cancelled check for 5% minimum payment toward cost of solar system. (Does not apply to SASH.)
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
In order to qualify for a GoSolarSF incentive, the applicant must contract with an installer who participates in the City’s Workforce Development program.