Skip to page body Home Customer Service How To Environment Projects & Programs About Us

Grey Infrastructure Projects

Through Phase One of the Sewer System Improvement Program, our planned improvements will upgrade our critical aging and seismically vulnerable grey infrastructure like sewer pipes, pump stations, and treatment facilities into a state of good repair.

Wastewater Treatment Plant Projects 

Image of Souteast Treatment Plant
Southeast Treatment
Image of Oceanside Plant Upgrades
Oceanside Treatment
NPF Front of the Facility
North Point Facility

Built in 1952 in the Bayview, this facility is responsible for treating nearly 80% of the San Francisco's flows. Built in 1993 on the Great Highway near the SF Zoo, treats the other 20% of the San Francisco's flows.
Built in 1951 on Bay Street, comes online during wet-weather when stormwater from rain increases wastewater flows.

Map of Projects
Map of Projects

Map of Projects

  • Headworks Project
  • Biosolids Project
  • Disinfection Project
  • Existing Digester Gas Handling        Project
  • North Point Facility Outfall              Rehabilitation
Collection System Projects

Our collection system includes the sewers, large transport/storage box structures, force mains (pressurized sewer pipes) and pump stations which work together to collect and transport wastewater to our treatment plants.

cbsip thumb

Central Bayside System Improvement Project

The first phase of SSIP will look into improving the capacity, conveyance and reliability of the collection system on the Bayside of the City.

WSS Thumb

Westside Pump Station

Improvements and modifications are needed to ensure the facility is reliable and operationally flexible, that it contains equipment redundancy, and remains compliant with State and Federal regulations.


Embarcadero/ Drumm & Jackson

This project will rehabilitate or replace portions of the North Shore Force Main (NSFM) and the Drumm & Jackson Streets sewers that are susceptible to failure.

Headworks thumb

Other Collection System Projects

Marin Street Sewer          Replacement



Last updated: 7/14/2017 10:07:43 AM